CSHIPP’s webinar on international clean shipping policies took place on Friday, 27th of November. The focus of the event was on impacts of selected clean shipping policies, the assessment of the technology-based options available for the shipping sector to comply with their targets, the options to enforce the legislation in a way that ensures compliance, and the benefits of these environmental measures for air quality, water quality, climate, human health and well-being.
The event raised a lot of interest with approximately 120 participants from both the public and private sectors. We would like to thank all the participants for their interest. In addition, we would like to extend a special thank you to all the speakers and panelists who made the webinar an interesting event for everyone.
You can now watch a recording of the webinar and download some of the presentations via the links below. Please also visit our Publications section to access more materials on the topics addressed during the webinar.
- Clean Shipping Project Platform (Riitta Pöntynen)
- Air quality benefits and their impacts on human health and ecosystems (Jan Eiof Jonson, Sari Repka)
- Legal aspects, technology, enforcement involving abatement measures (Erik Fridell)
- Air quality benefits and their impacts on human health, land ecosystems and eutrophication of the Baltic Sea (Jana Moldanova, Michael Gauss, Volker Matthias)
- Climate measures in shipping, policy and legal aspects (Anita Mäkinen)
- Climate impact of shipping – A global perspective on the aerosol indirect effect (Mattia Righi)
- Emission abatement options and potential secondary impacts (Jukka-Pekka Jalkanen)